This Thursday Polka Dot Tango asks you to give a complete stranger a compliment! This is something that is so simple, but can make a huge positive impact on someone’s life. Giving a compliment should come from one’s heart in order for it to be genuine to the person who is receiving it.
Why would a compliment matter to a stranger? Most of the time, a courteous expression will mean a lot to a stranger as much as it does to someone you know…if not more so at times. The recipient will be surprised that someone took notice of something that most will pass as something not so extraordinary. Friends always give compliments to each other, but when it’s from someone unexpected, they feel there is more of a truth to what they are saying.
Here is a list of why compliments are AWESOME!!!
• It could brighten someone’s day
• It could raise their confidence
• You could possibly make a new friend
• There is a chance that you will learn something
• It is face to face time, rather than face to screen time
• There could be a wonderful story that is told as a result of the compliment
• They may pass along a compliment to another stranger, and the cycle may continue
• It’s just a nice thing to do 🙂
Have fun today and we know you will do amazing!